Saturday 8 October 2011

Job opportunities for Visual Communication Students

Job opportunities for Visual Communication Students

The Indian media industry is evolving rapidly and there’s a dearth of skilled people. Acting and direction are the more familiar and popular aspects of media industry. But besides these two, there are several areas in filmmaking and production that can fetch a lucrative job.


Jobs are available at Film Studios, Production Houses, Market Research companies, buying companies, Entertainment Channels, News Channels, Radio stations etc.

A film, news programme or television soap opera, are all collaborative efforts by a team of skilled and talented professionals.  So the opportunities are many.

There are requirement of editors, sound recorders, cameraman, lighting experts, composers, cinematographers, graphics expert, animators, screenplay writers, anchors, set designers, photographers, to mention a few, who work together to make films, serials or information-based programmes.

It’s a vast field and opportunities are immense and the good part is that most of these jobs can be highly remunerative. Earnings vary depending on the chosen field and work experience. The starting salary could range from Rs. 15,000- 60,000.

However, as it is a very competitive industry, one has to be prepared to slog it out. But be prepared to start from the bottom. After that, the only way is up.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sir / Madam,

    I would like to introduce myself as Jagan, as per the above mentioned requirement for your VISCOM department I am having a very good experience in Video Editing, Audio Editing and Graphics. My experience is upto 12 years 8 months. I have finished my BA Economics, Diploma in Multimedia and Web Designing (DMW), Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGDJMC) and finally doing my Msc Visual Communication. If my profile suits the above requirement please contact me through my mobile no 8147770630 / 7829253222 or through my personal Email Id - fcpjagan@yahoo.co.in / fcpjagan@gmail.com.

    Thanks and Regards
    BR Jagan Mohan Rao

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir i am a b.sc.viscom graduate.. i have interested in ad film making and commercial programme making.... contact 7200200727

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sir i m sathish.. i am going to take vis com as my best course for my higher studies.. i am interested in photography and talking.. my parents and my relatives and friends all are said vis com is hopeless.. but i m very much interested.. i do well in my higher studies and go for visual communication world..

    thanks to read my comment

    contact me through
    phone-9443734350

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sir,
    I am G Jesse Anand. Qualified in Bachelors & Masters in VISCOM (Full time Degree Courses). I am having good knowledge in Visualization, Conceptual creative designs & Ad film making.
    I am having work experience as follows;
    I Brand Communications: Worked for 3 months and initiated the Airtel new logo branding project.
    GDC Advertising: Worked for 8 months as BDM and done projects for Jagat Milk Production branding, conceptual works like Creative lines Slogan “AMMA CHEPINDHE” and Creatives for Karnataka State Financial Corporation (KSFC), AP GENCO Creatives and finally worked for The Hindu News paper Pressense package taking four clients into this package.
    Now I wish to enter into Creative fields like Creative Dept, Visualizing dept etc…
    Hence, kindly inform me if my profile suites to the requirement in the above mentioned depts. Please let me know at this num: 8886456595. My mail: gjesseanand@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete